4D OPEN RULES eligibility based on horse
Equal payout across the ‘D’s’ in the 4D will ensure that all skill levels of barrel racers have a chance to go home with huge checks.
1. The 4D is for horses of any age. Horses must be registered and must be sired by the current Pink Buckle Stallions, be a Pink Buckle Stallion or be sired by a Pink Buckle stallion that was previously paid into the Pink Buckle in the year the horse was conceived.
2. The 4D will be .5 sec splits and equal payout in each 'D'.
See Race Payout
3. All riders must be designated when entries are due. Rider changes after that date will be $75 charge and you must complete and submit Rider Change Form. If you plan to enter the 4D Open & Futurity or Derby you will run in the Futurity or Derby. Your time must roll over, there is not an option to run in both 4D Open & Futurity or Derby. The only exception to this is if the 4D Open rider is a youth rider.
4. Horses must be checked in prior to running.
5. There will be two go-rounds and an average. Total times of the two go-rounds will determine the average winners. (See Race Payout on website)
6. Substitutions are allowed only due to illness, injury or death of nominated horse. A vet’s affidavit of proof must accompany substitutions along with $75 fee. The necessary papers on the horse to being substituted must be provided and accompany the change fee ($75). Any substituted horse will be ridden by the originally nominated rider or owned by the original owner and must be sired by a Pink Buckle stallion. No exceptions. All substitutions must be completed before the close of check-in. There are no ‘buy-outs’.
7. Late entries and nominations will be accepted up until race check in and you will be in the late draw. Only cash & credit cards are accepted at race.
Late Entry Fees are: $1000 4D + $300 Nomination Fee
8. No refunds in any case.
9. A photocopy of the front and back of horse’s registration papers must accompany entry. Actual papers showing current owner must be provided at check-in. Checks will be written to owner as shown on registration papers.
10. Current Health papers (within 30 days) & Coggins are required.
11. Dress Code: long sleeve shirts, cowboy hat or helmet, western boots.
All decisions made by the Pink Buckle are final – we reserve the right to refuse entry to any horse or individual. Any rules herewith can be changed, added to, or denied at the discretion of Pink Buckle LLC. Pink Buckle LLC will have the final word in interpreting or supplementing the rules and conditions of race if the need arises.